Commercial Insurance

MFA has partnered with FMIC Insurance Agency, Inc. to offer several discounted insurance programs for members. When applying to any of the available insurance programs, be sure to include your affiliation with the Mississippi Forestry Association!

Workers Compensation 
Workers compensation is designed to protect your business from injured workers on the job. Workers compensation insurance provides wage replacement and medical benefits to employees injured in the course of employment in exchange for mandatory relinquishment of the employee's right to sue his or her employer for the tort of negligence. Forestry Mutual's underwriters have a combined 70 years of experience in the wood products and forest industries and can attribute much of their success to the focus on this niche market. This has allowed them to develop stringent guidelines and underwriting policies to promote the best outcome for the safety and success of their policyholders. 
Whether it is your manufacturing facility or your office, Forestry Mutual has you covered when it comes to your valuable contents, equipment breakdown, loss of business income exposures, and more! Commercial property insurance protects commercial property from perils such as fire, theft, and natural disasters.
Inland Marine
Forestry Mutual can insure your buildings and contents at your mill, but they also specialize in coverage for your mobile equipment, machinery, and tools typical of the logging and construction industries. Inland marine indemnifies losses to movable or specialized types of property in the woods or in the yard (i.e. feller bunchers, delimbers, skidders, fork lifts, grinders, loaders, etc.). This product is essential in the forest products industry and covers losses up to a stated amount for multiple perils including fire, theft, vandalism, and in some cases, flooding and earthquakes. These coverages apply without regard to the location of the covered property.
General Liability
Forestry Mutual can provide multiple coverage options for contractors who participate in both manual and mechanical cutting operations, including those who harvest, haul, and store timber and lumber-related products. These risks may include bodily injury or property damage caused by direct or indirect actions of the insured and are considered third-party coverage. Forestry Mutual's coverage solutions for loggers include the loggers broad form which covers fire and accidental overcut/timber trespass.
Business Auto
From the woods to the mills and mills to consumers, transportation is critical to the forest products industry! Commercial auto insurance is a policy of physical damage and liability coverages for amounts, situations, and usage not covered by a personal auto policy. The policy is typically written on a combined single limit (CSL) of $1 million. Physical damage can be written on the actual cash value (ACV) or on a stated amount basis. Commercial auto policies can be overwhelming, complex, and utterly diverse, so here are a few of the coverages from Forestry Mutual:
  • Primary Liability - Limits up to $2 million, plus Forestry Mutual transmits state and federal filings promptly to get your customers in business fast. 
  • Motor Truck Cargo - Covers the value of the cargo you haul as well as additional costs such as debris removal, earned freight charges, and more with separate limits and no additional deductible. 
  • Motor Truck General Liability (GL) - Meets a trucker's contractual requirement for GL, which pays for damage caused by them when they are not driving. 
  • Rental with Downtime - Provides truckers with a temporary rental if their vehicle is down due to a covered cause of loss. Forestry Mutual will pay the daily maximum limit to cover expenses if they cannot work. 
  • Hired Auto - Many business partners require that for-hire risks carry excess liability coverage for all vehicles in service to their business, whether owned by the business or not. 
  • Motor Truck Cargo - Physical Damage
    - Permanently Attached Equipment - Provides additional coverage for equipment (loaders and tarping systems) included in the stated amount.
    - Comprehensive Only - Makes it easy for customers to continue coverage when storing vehicles during the off-season.
    - Trailer Interchange - Provides additional coverage to any non-owned trailer a trucker is using. This is normally required when hauling a trailer under a trailer interchange agreement.
    - Physical Damage Only - Protects customers who have their primary liability coverage somewhere else and only need collision and either comprehensive or fire and theft with combined additional coverage insurance (CAC). 
For policy questions, applications, or general information, contact Jack Williams at 601.760.0011 or or go to